The Nuts and Bolts of Reducing Workplace Injury
Everyone wants to stay healthy and reduce injuries, whether at home or on the job. As a nation, we are shifting from a single-minded focus on treating injury and illness towards a system that puts prevention first. This shift towards prevention has been increasingly embraced by companies at the national and local levels.Be the first to comment! Read more...
Physical therapists help people of all ages and abilities reduce pain, improve or restore mobility, and stay active and fit throughout life. But there are some common misconceptions that can often discourage those who need treatment from accessing physical therapists who specialize in the care people need. Read more..
FACT: Home care services offer an alternative to assisted living or nursing home care and help seniors live independently at home. Read more..
LASIK is the most common and well-known type of refractive eye surgeries. If you wear glasses or contacts, you may have been tempted by it, but hesitant or even frightened of the procedure. Read more..
A brilliant child. A gifted athlete and talented musician. A life destined for great achievements. That’s how one might aptly have described Jared Johnson. But, at the age of 22, Jared suffered an injury that almost ended his life and rendered him nearly blind. Read more..
Maybe you don’t quite consider yourself a senior. After all, having a mailbox that delivers retirement publications, joint supplement offers and estate-planning advice is certainly not the only indicator of age. But perhaps — quite possibly — you are a baby boomer reaching senior status. This is great news! Read more..
Local Health Updates
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski Receives National Recognition for Performance Leadership in Quality
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Information Session for Physician Assistant Program
- Eye Doctor Returns to Roanoke to Practice at State-of-the-Art Facility
- Team of Jefferson College Biomedical Sciences Students Led by Dr. Jayasimha Rao Published in an International Journal
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts 6th Annual 5K Riverside Run & Wellness Walk
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Online Healthcare Management Information Sessions