LewisGale Hospital Pulaski will hold its third annual “Survive and Thrive” event on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at Randolph Park, 5100 Alexander Road in Dublin. The scheduled activities are designed to help citizens prepare to “survive” natural or manmade disasters and “thrive” with free health screenings and information.
Area fifth grade students will be taking a field trip to participate in the activities from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. with afternoon sessions scheduled between 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. The general public can attend with free admission from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The educational, informational and fun events will include:
- Free Cancer Screenings (one free ticket to Guns and Hoses game with screening)
- “Hands on” CPR for kids and parents
- Rescue Demonstrations
- Personal Preparedness and Safety for the home
- Red Cross and Fire Department Demonstrations
- Displays by Community Partners
Free health screenings will take place at the same location beginning at 4:00 p.m. and concluding at 7:00 p.m. The screenings will include:
- Skin Cancer (exposed areas only)
- Breast Exams
- Prostate Cancer (prostate-specific antigen and digital rectal exam)
- Blood Pressure
- Colon (fecal occult blood test)
Offered on September 20 by appointment only (at LewisGale Regional Cancer Center):
- Cervical Cancer (Pap and pelvic exam) Cancer screening participants can register by calling Consult-A-Nurse at 877-242-2362.
Adults who complete a health screening at “Survive and Thrive” will receive free admission to the Guns and Hoses Benefit Softball Game held at Randolph Park that evening beginning at 6:00 p.m.